Article 1 Introduction
Article 2 Scope of Application and Modification of these Terms and Conditions
3. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, the validity of the other provisions shall not be affected.
Article 3 Membership Registration
1. Membership registration is not required to use the Service and purchase products from the Company. Those who wish to register as members (hereinafter referred to as “prospective registrants”) shall complete the membership registration process in accordance with the method designated by the Company on the membership registration page on the Site. Those who wish to register as members (“Prospective Members”) shall complete the membership registration process on the registration page on the Site in accordance with the method designated by the Company.
The registration process must be completed by the applicant himself/herself, and no one other than the applicant himself/herself may complete the registration process. However, this does not apply to cases where a person with parental authority performs the membership registration process on behalf of a minor in accordance with the provisions of Section 5.
3. Prospective members must register their contact information and any other information requested by the Company on the Site, and must declare the truth, whether at the time of or after registration, and must not declare any false information.
4. Prospective registrants must meet all of the following requirements
(1)Have an address in Japan
(2)Must be at least 18 years old
(3)Not fall under any of the items of Article 4.1 of this Agreement.
5. If a minor (under 20 years of age at the time of application for membership) wishes to register as a member, the approval of a person with parental authority (guardian) is required. In such cases, the person with parental authority must complete the membership registration process.
When the company accepts a membership application, it will send a registration confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address specified by the prospective member. Membership registration is considered complete upon receipt of the registration confirmation e-mail.
7. Members shall obtain an ID and password (hereinafter referred to as “ID, etc.”) in a manner designated by the Company in order to use the Service, etc. The ID, etc. may only be used by the Member himself/herself. IDs, etc. may only be used by members themselves.
Article 4 Cancellation or Suspension of Membership, Refusal of Application
1. The Company may cancel or temporarily suspend a member’s membership, or refuse an application for membership, if any of the following applies to a member or prospective member
(1)When membership registration procedures have been completed based on false information
(2)In case of violation of laws and regulations or these Terms and Conditions
(3)The Company deems that you have committed, or are likely to commit in the future, any of the prohibited acts set forth in Article 12.1 of these Terms and Conditions.
(4)If you have defaulted on any of the Services or any other services provided by the Company in the past, or if the Company determines that you are likely to default in the future
(5) If it becomes clear that the member does not or no longer fulfills the conditions for membership stipulated in the preceding Article 4, Paragraph 4 (1) or (2).
(6)Other cases in which the Company deems it inappropriate to approve the application for registration
2. The Company shall not be liable for any damages, whether direct or indirect, incurred by members or prospective members as a result of the measures described in the preceding paragraph.
Article 5 ID and Password Management
1. Members shall be responsible for the strict control of their IDs and other personal information.
Members shall not transfer, lend, disclose, or pledge their IDs, etc. to any third party.
3. Any declaration of intent made to the Company using a specific ID and password shall be deemed to be a valid declaration of intent by the member for whom the Company holds the ID, and all responsibility arising from this shall be assumed by the member in question.
4. The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by members or third parties due to unauthorized use of IDs, etc.
5. Members shall immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of their IDs, etc. by a third party.
6. Members shall be aware of the risk of leakage, etc. associated with the transmission of credit card numbers when using the Service, etc., and shall do so at their own risk.
Article 6 Purchase of goods
1. Members shall purchase food and crafts (“Products”) from the Company (once a month for delivery) according to one of the following plans 1. Members shall purchase food and crafts (“Products”) from the Company (one delivery per month) according to one of the following plans. The contents of the Products shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Company, and the Member may not request instructions or changes to the contents of the Products.
(1) Personal Plan
The delivery address of the Product is for the Member himself/herself.
(2) Gift Plan
The delivery address for the Product is for a person other than the Member himself/herself. The member shall apply to the Company for the purchase of the Product for the period specified by the Company (3 months). During the relevant period, the Company will deliver the Product to the person designated by the Member each month. The member shall pay the purchase price for the relevant period in a lump sum, and the purchase contract may not be cancelled during the relevant period, and the product price received will not be refunded.
2. The price of this product depends on the type of LA BOX sold.
Article 7 Method of Payment
1. All payments for this product must be made by credit card. We do not accept cash on delivery, cash on delivery, or any other payment method other than those listed above.
2. If there is a change in credit card information, members are required to promptly make the prescribed changes on the site. The Company shall not be liable for any disputes between members and credit card companies.
3. If your credit card company changes or updates your membership number or expiration date, your credit card company may notify us of the changed or updated membership number or expiration date without prior notice to you. In such cases, we will continue credit card payments using the updated credit card.
4. Payment processing is managed by our company “La French Touch”.
*Please also read the “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)” on this website.
Article 8 Delivery of Goods
The delivery address for the Product must be within Japan. Members may change the delivery address of the Product for the following month or later by changing their registered information in the manner designated by the Company until the last day of each month.
The Company will close the order at the end of each month and deliver the Products to the delivery address designated by the Member by the middle of the following month. Orders placed after the closing date will be shipped as soon as they are ready. However, delivery may be delayed for the following reasons. The Company shall not be liable for any compensation due to delays in the delivery of the Products (except in cases of willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of the Company).
(1) If the member fails to receive the package for any reason
(2) When delivery is affected by delivery conditions (e.g., during the mid-year and year-end gift-giving periods), natural disasters, traffic conditions, weather, or other reasons beyond our control.
(3) When it takes longer than usual delivery time due to circumstances of the delivery company, such as remote islands.
(4)When there is any other special notice on this website
Members must receive the Product within the time period specified by the Company from the date the Product is shipped by the Company. If the Product is not received within this period, it will be returned to the Company. Shipping costs for returning the Product shall be borne by the member.
4. In the event of a change in the delivery address of the Product, such as a change in the registered address, the Member must promptly change the registered delivery address on the Site.
If the Product is returned to the Company, the Company will notify the Member by e-mail that the Product has been returned. Upon receipt of the e-mail, the member should immediately apply for reshipment of the Product in question.
6. The storage period of the Product shall be 30 days from the date the Product is returned to us. After the storage period has expired, the Product cannot be reshipped. In this case, no refund will be made.
7. There is no shipping charge for this product. However, shipping charges for re-delivery (including re-delivery) shall be paid on delivery and shall be borne by the member (shipping charges vary depending on the delivery address). (The shipping cost will vary depending on the delivery address.
9. Returns and Exchanges
1. The Company will not accept any returns for the convenience of the member.
2. Members may request a product replacement only if the Product delivered is damaged or missing, provided that they notify the Company of such damage or shortage within 7 days of receipt of the Product via Contact Us. In such a case, the member shall follow the procedures for returning the product in accordance with the Company’s separate instructions (shipping costs shall be borne by the Company).
3. The Company will replace the product requested by the member in accordance with the preceding paragraph with the same or equivalent product after confirming damage or shortage of the product.
Article 10 Cancellation of Purchase Contract
1. If a member wishes to cancel a purchase agreement (hereinafter referred to as “cancellation”) If a member wishes to cancel a purchase agreement (“Cancellation”), the member shall apply for cancellation in accordance with the method designated by the Company (application made via the cancellation form in the member’s My Account). The Company will promptly perform the cancellation procedure upon receipt of such application.
2. Members who wish to cancel must complete the cancellation request by the last day of each month. If the cancellation request is not completed by the last day of each month, it will be deemed that a purchase order has been made for the following month, and the Products will be shipped.
3. For members who apply for cancellation after the last day of each month but before the product is shipped, the cancellation shall take effect on the last day of the month in which the product is shipped to the delivery address.
4. In the case of a campaign application, if there is a specified period of time, cancellation is not allowed during the said period of time. After the specified period, the purchase contract will automatically continue, but may be cancelled in accordance with the provisions of the preceding three paragraphs.
The member will continue to receive the e-mail newsletter to his/her registered e-mail address even after the cancellation, unless the member follows the prescribed unsubscribe procedure.
Article 11 Intellectual Property Rights
Copyrights to all content (text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, edited data, software, etc.) provided through the Service are the property of the Company or the content provider, and are protected by Japanese copyright law and international copyright treaties. The copyrights of all information provided in the Service are protected by Japanese copyright law and international treaties on copyrights. Unauthorized reproduction of information, images, etc. provided in this service is strictly prohibited.
2. “La French Touch”, “LA BOX by La French Touch” and other marks appearing on the Service may be registered trademarks of the Company or its affiliates (hereinafter referred to as the “Company, etc.”) in Japan or other countries. The “LA BOX by La French Touch” and other marks displayed on the Services may be registered trademarks of the Company or its affiliates (“the Company, etc.”) in Japan or other countries. Graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names displayed on the Service are trademarks or trade names of the Company or its affiliates. Users may not use these trademarks and trade names without the prior consent of the Company, and are strictly prohibited from using them in any manner that may cause confusion or damage the reputation or credibility of the Company.
3. If you fear that the intellectual property rights of the user or a third party have been infringed by the Service, etc., please send us (La French Touch: 4-11-62 Minami-Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0047) a letter stating the following items
(1) Description of the intellectual property rights that may be infringed
(2) Any part of the representations in the Services, etc. or the Products that may infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party
(3) Address, telephone number and e-mail address of the contact person
(4) A written statement attesting to the ownership of the intellectual property rights in question by the contact person
Article 12 Prohibitions
(1)Making a false application for registration at the time of membership registration
(2)Any act that interferes with or may interfere with the operation of this service or other business operations of the Company
(3) Transmission of computer viruses or other malicious programs to this site
(4)Any action that causes or may cause damage to the system infrastructure of this site.
(5) Illegal activities such as unauthorized use of credit cards
(6) Unauthorized use of IDs or passwords or other acts of impersonating another person in the use of the Services, etc.
(7)Any act that causes or may cause nuisance to other users, third parties, or the Company, or any act that causes or may cause disadvantage or damage to them
(8)Actions that infringe or may infringe intellectual property rights such as trademarks, copyrights, privacy rights, or other rights of other users, third parties, or the Company
(9)Actions that offend public order and morals or violate other laws and regulations, or that have the potential to do so.
(10)Other acts that the Company deems inappropriate
2. If a user violates any of the prohibitions in the preceding paragraph and causes damage to other users, third parties, or the Company, said user shall compensate for the damage at his/her own responsibility and expense, regardless of whether it is intentional or negligent.
Article 13 Prohibition of transfer of rights and obligations, etc.
Users may not assign, succeed, or otherwise dispose of all or part of their claims, debts, rights, obligations, and contractual status arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions or use of the Site to any third party.
Article 14 Non-warranty and Disclaimer
2. The Company makes no warranty, express or implied, regarding the credibility, legality, or usefulness of the information, content, materials, products, or other items provided by the Company in the Services, etc. The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by users or third parties as a result of the use of the Services, etc. Users agree to use the Services, etc. at their own risk. Users agree to use the Services, etc. at their own risk, and in no event shall the Company be liable for any damages incurred by users or third parties as a result of the use of the Services, etc.
3. We do not guarantee that the servers we use or the e-mails we send are not infected with viruses or other harmful elements. The Company shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages of any kind incurred by users as a result of infection by viruses or other harmful elements.
4. In the event that the Company is obligated to notify a user, the Company shall be deemed to have fulfilled its obligation by sending a notification to the e-mail address registered in advance by the user, and by delivering the Product to the mailing address registered by the member.
6. The Company shall not be liable for any User’s inability to use the Service, etc.
In the event that a user causes damage to another user or third party through the use of the Service, the user shall resolve the matter at the user’s own responsibility and expense, and shall not cause any inconvenience to the Company.
When changing a member’s password, etc., the Company will change the password after confirming the member’s identity in a manner designated by the Company. The Company shall not be liable for any loss of use of the Service, etc. by a Member due to a password change, etc.
9. The user shall bear the costs related to the installation of computer equipment and communication equipment, etc. necessary for the user to use the Service, etc., as well as telephone charges, LAN and other usage fees, application fees, etc. required for the user to use the Service, etc. The Company shall not be involved in, and shall not be responsible for, the user’s computer or Internet usage environment.
Article 15 Change, Suspension, or Termination of the Services, etc.
1. In order to keep the Site in good working condition, the Company may suspend all or part of the provision of the Site without prior notice to users in the event that any of the following items apply.
(1)When necessary for routine or emergency maintenance of the system
(2)When system operation becomes difficult due to fire, power failure, or sabotage by a third party
(3)Other cases in which we deem it necessary to suspend the system
2. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or terminate the Service, etc. at any time without prior notice to users, if we deem it necessary.
3. We shall not be liable to the user or any third party for any change, suspension, or termination of the contents of the Service or other services.
Article 16 Deletion of Information
1. We reserve the right to delete comments and other information sent by users (hereinafter referred to as “the Information”) at our discretion without notice to the users if any of the following items applies. We may, at our discretion, delete comments and other information (hereinafter referred to as “Information”) sent by users without prior notice to the users if any of the following items apply.
(1)When the Information is deemed to infringe on the copyright or other rights of the Company or a third party, or to be defamatory or libelous
(2)When we receive a notification from a third party that the Information infringes on the copyright or other rights of the third party or damages the reputation or credibility of the third party.
(3)When the information in question contains personal information
(4)When it is found to be in violation of the laws and regulations of Japan or applicable foreign countries
(5)When ordered by a government agency or public institution to delete the information based on legal grounds
(6)Other cases deemed inappropriate for the operation of the Service, etc.
3. We shall not be liable to the user or any third party for the deletion of information or denial of access as described in the preceding two paragraphs.
Article 17 Compensation for Damages
1. The Company may claim compensation for damages from a user who has suffered damages for reasons attributable to the user.
2. The Company shall not be liable for compensation for damages caused by the use of the Service, etc. by users. However, in the event that a user suffers personal or property damage due to the intentional or gross negligence of the Company with regard to a product sold to the user, the Company shall be liable for compensation up to the total amount of the product price paid to the Company by the relevant member for this Service, etc.
Article 18 Cancellation, Loss of Benefit of Term
1. If any one of the following events occurs in a member, the company may immediately stop providing the service to the member and cancel the contract with the member without any notice or demand.
(1)When the Company is subjected to a seizure, provisional seizure, provisional disposition, disposition for tax delinquency, or other disposition by public authority, when it files a petition for commencement of corporate reorganization proceedings, civil rehabilitation proceedings, or bankruptcy proceedings, or when a petition for commencement of these proceedings or auction proceedings is filed by a third party
(2)When a resolution is passed to reduce capital, abolish or change business, or dissolve the company
(3)When a tax or public dues are in arrears
(4) If the Product cannot be delivered to the Member for 30 days after the shipment date for any of the following reasons or for any other reason
(1) If there is an error in the registered shipping address
(2) In the event that the member does not request re-delivery despite notification of re-delivery from the delivery service provider.
(iii) If you fail to complete the registration change procedure despite a change in your delivery address.
(5) Failure to make payment to the credit card company designated by the member for the price of the Product, etc.
(6)In the event of any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other contract with the Company
(7)When other matters similar to the preceding items occur.
2. If any one of the events listed in the preceding paragraph occurs with respect to a member, the member shall forfeit the benefit of the Company for the term of the membership.
3. In the event of discontinuance of the Services or cancellation of the contract due to any of the reasons in Paragraph 1 of this Article, the paid product price shall be treated as a penalty and shall not be refunded.
Article 19: Handling of Personal Information
Article 20 Notification and Communication
1. If we need to notify or contact a user, we will do so by e-mail or postal mail. If we need to contact a member, we will use the registered e-mail address or address, etc. If we need to contact a user other than a member, we will use an e-mail address or address that we have reasonably determined to be the user’s contact information.
The notice in the preceding paragraph shall become effective upon transmission from the Company.
3. We do not accept any contact from users by visiting our company, except when we deem it particularly necessary.
Article 21 Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
Article 22 Consent Jurisdiction
The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance over any disputes between members or users and the Company or its affiliates in relation to this Agreement.
Article 23 Inquiries
If you have any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions, please contact us.
La French Touch
4-11-62 Minami-azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0047, Japan
Enforcement: April 25, 2021